Wednesday, February 27, 2008

butterflies


I really liked this idea I saw here. I basically love anything having to do with insects or birds. When I worked in the Biology stockroom in college I bought sets of tiny pins, thinking one day I would start my own insect collection. I was so excited when we were in Thailand and I found a shadow box of exotic bugs. But it reeks like mothballs and made everything else I got smell like mothballs. Right now I've got it sealed in 3 plastic baggies, hidden in my apartment so that Jim won't throw it away (now that I wrote this, he's going to find it and throw it away). One day I'd love to do a series of paintings of bugs or birds(like this).

1 comment:

Melanie said...

oh I like that. I bet you could make that so easily with papers. You should do it.