
This article got me to thinking about my favorite perfumes and smells. I really appreciate how smells tie to memories and visa versa. A whiff of Victoria Secret’s love spell lotion never fails to take me back to my freshman year of college, and Clinique happy reminds me of visits to my cousin for New Year’s. I’ve collected various perfumes but in the last 4 years, they’ve just gathered dust. Nobody likes that person at work who wears too much perfume, and so they only get taken out on a rare weekend or special occasion. Here’s whats currently gathering dust in my closet:
CHANCE
Hyacinth, White Musc, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Fresh Vetiver, Citrus, Iris and Amber of Patchouli interact in harmony to form a sphere of orbiting scents with an Unexpected Accord at the heart. This reminds me of college, I think I bought myself a bottle when I turned 18.
TOMMY GIRL
Refreshing, energetic and spirited, Tommy Girl is inspired by wildflowers gathered from the American landscape. The effervescent floral scent combines clarity with energy and freshness with spirit from a blend of camellia flowers, black current flowers, mandarin and tangerine, Cherokee rose, desert jasmine and butterfly violets. I wore this all through high school, and I still love the smell of it.
COCO MADEMOISELLE
Sparkling, lively top notes of Orange and Bergamot are followed by clear, pure middle notes of Jasmine petals and Morning Rose. Base notes of Patchouli and Vetiver express a discreet sensuality. I got this in Paris on the champ d'elyse.
KATE SPADE
Summer honeysuckle enhanced by other white flowers, Gardenia, jasmine, tuberose, and fresh muguet. I bought my small bottle of this on my first trip to New York.
What are your favorites?
2 comments:
I wear Love Spell - its our honey moon scent, I wore it through our whole honeymoon and now when I splash it on it takes us back to Hawaii... I wear Tommy Girl and right now I am wearing Happy - I love perfume! Este Lauder (sp?) use to make these aroma theropy scents I loved the one in the green and blue bottle! I so wish they still made those, it just made me think of summer. I also like beautiful, eternity but not to wear anymore. My senior year in high school I worked at a pharmacy, and I was over the cosmetic and fragrances I had so much makeup and perfume!!! I love that the first three scents I put down were the first few you mentioned!
Wow those scents take me back. I still think of you when I smell Chance. Remember I always wanted to copy your scents, but we hung out with the same people a lot and we couldn't smell the same. Plus it was your scent. But that's the one I
always put on during a long layover on international flights! Oh the Love Spell that is totally freshman year. Remember when we discovered it smells strangely similar to Hawaiian punch?
I really like Divine by Victoria's Secret, it takes me back to the days Andrew and I were dating.
Post a Comment