Thursday, June 19, 2008

logo-rama

When I was an over-eager, future graphic design student at BYU, I had the ambitious idea of traveling up and down State street, offering to re-design all the horrendous logos I was seeing. Unfortunately, I never got into their program, and that never happened. But I think Brand New is pretty fun, they post the before and afters of the good bad and ugly logo re-designs out there. It's really fun to see the changes and read everyone's opinion, and there are some strong opinions out there. Here are some notables (old on left, new on right)...

I like this much better.

I really liked the old-school payless look better...there are way to many sans-serif fonts out there.

Did they do this before or after photoshop did the same thing with their logo?

I think this one is so much fun, like a gift being unwrapped. I'm sure they have some great interactive things on tv using this.

I love all the teeny animals.

This seems to be bucking the trend for sans-serif, and I like it.

The Art Gallery of Ontario, I like both so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these are so cool! why can't gap do theirs? i mean i know they think it's "classic" but it is SO old school! old navy redesigned theirs and it is so much better.