Right now i've got this tiny little guy on my desk. He's probably only 1 cm long and eats milkweed all day. My co-worker's uncle collects them and puts them in jars and brings them to kids to teach them about butterflies, and he was nice enough to drop a few off at our office, along with extra milkweed for them to eat. When my caterpillar gets nice and big, he'll climb to the top of the jar and form a chrysalis. I'm probably just as excited about this whole thing as a 10-year old kid. Oh, and I also think it's funny that mine is in an old Manischewitz jar!
4 comments:
i want one...:(
OH I did that with the kids I nannied. They have a farm house up in WI - we collected them and the milk weed brought them back. The best part is we had them in milk jugs that we had cut the top off with, so when they became butterflies -they were flying around the kitchen. The kids LOVED it!!
Kell:
I am so jealous, Nathe and I totally want one. Can you imagine our kids would go crazy. Once we had little water frogs that are like goldfish and elise feed them Fruit loops, they didn't make it more than two days. Always trying to help. Enjoy your caterpillar, but on some pictures of the chrysalis and when it is a butterfly. Love ya
Britt, I know, if I could, I would send this one to you, they would love it! I'll send more pictures.
Post a Comment