Tuesday, August 18, 2009

julia child

I don't know if i'll get a chance to see Julie & Julia, but I do want to read Julia Child's autobiography, My Life in France, she was such an interesting woman, and I want to know more about her and her husband's love story, and how he encouraged her. I love that she didn't develop her passion for cooking until her late 30's, which became her life's legacy. It makes you realize that you are never too old to develop a new talent, and reminds you to continue to try new things.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

The movie is really good...it made me want to cook, eat and try something new!

jamatukk said...

Tell me how the book is. I wish you lived by me I'd say lets go to the movie today. I think its important to try new things, and would also like to know more about her life. Love ya Britt

Anonymous said...

I was going to read it while on the plane to Europe. Thought it would be a good read. Just found out that her autobiography she likes to use the F word a lot. Usually every other word. It was the way she spoke though. Glad I didn't read it. Rather see the amazing movie based on her life.