Friday, February 04, 2011

bye-bye blog?


So James and I are thinking of gettting rid of the blog permanently. I would just take it private, but I feel like people just stop reading/updating when it's private, so what's the point? Jim's thinking facebook is better because then you just control who you share things with, but i'm still on the fence. Any thoughts on what has worked for you??

10 comments:

Tansy said...

I think it depends on who your audience is. If you're trying to be a universal blogger, goin private is obviously suicide. But if you are just trying to catalog life for family and close friends, I think private is okay. I may be biased though. :)
I'd miss your blog if you stopped it . . .

Beckie said...

I get it. I tried private and my family who I blog for, could never figure how to sign on to check it out. So back to public. But I really don't think anyone actually reads my blog so I am not to worried...
But I would miss visiting yours, even if I lack in the comment department!

Taryn said...

oh i would be sad...but i'd try to remember to check it if you go privately. i guess i'm too naive...but i don't get all that freaked out about people checking it. at least the things you put on are totally appropriate :) some people are wild about how much personal info they share.

Anonymous said...

keep it

Sarah S said...

Kelly, I love having a searchable record via my blog - I totally understand your hesitation to go private (I'm a check private blogs once/month kind of girl), but I think blogs are a lot more organized than facebook if you want it to be more of a personal record or whatever. I do think though that it's faster to comment on facebook than on a blog.

Mama Coons said...

You can turn your blogs into books like lyndsey. I love to check your blog and find out your favorite you tube videos!

jamatukk said...

I would miss it, but if you go private I better have an invite. I think facebook isn't personal at all and starts to bug me. I don't think people put life on facebook. Its always I am going on a vacation, I just took cookies out of the oven...blah blah blah. I don't know I guess Blogs aren't that true to life either. Maybe its because we want to forget the the crappy stuff and remember the good. Either way I think a blog is a better way to journal life private or not. Love you Britt

Hilary said...

All the cool kids have blogs.
Totally.

Train Gang said...

Your family blog is so fun. I like your stories and photography. I totally understand the love hate relationship though with the blog. Mine's almost been axed several times. but just keep going with it cause look at all the people who love it.

Melanie said...

I agree with what everyone has said...facebook is good for quick tid bits but hard to keep as a journal of sorts. I turn my blogs into books as well. They are our personal history.

So many people are turning their blogs private now and it is a lot safer...i click through my private blog list regularly.

It looks like you have decided to keep blogging so I am happy about that! I like checking in to see how you guys are doing and see how cute Tessa is. :) Yeah for blogging!