I think I'm going to be watching this over the weekend, with a box of tissues, snowed-in here in Chicago, I can't wait, thank you Masterpiece classics!
Tess is that rare creature in literature: goodness made interesting. She is human life stretched and racked, yet forever springing back to renewal... She comes to seem for us the potential of what life could be, just as what happens to her signifies what life too often becomes.
She is Hardy's greatest tribute to the possibilities of human existence, for Tess is one of the greatest triumphs of civilization: a natural girl.
Irving Howe
2 comments:
oooh! my favorite book of all time!!! i WISH i could be there to watch it with you. my favorite chapter in the book is Chap 13 (when Angel Clare carries the girls accross the flooded path). **HUGE SIGH FULL OF A MILLION ROMANTICAL BUTTERFLIES**
Sorry to comment on everything. I keep forgetting to ask you how this was. If I had been home I would of recorded it on my DVR and watched it one time when you are here. Anyway tell me how it was it looked so good. Love ya Britt
Post a Comment