I decided this year to get us a fake tree. $40 at walmart doesn't get you a lovely piney scent, but it's easy and cute, and the lights don't need to be re-strung every year. Christmas is one of those holidays that is best celebrated all month long, so getting the tree helped us get a jump start. I loved getting out our ornaments and I was laughing as I realized that the majority of my ornaments came from the places I worked, Williams-Somona with the chef snowmen & my 12 days of Christmas from the Land of Nod, such good memories of working like crazy during "peak" season. I also love our cheap Walgreens star on top, I think it's pretty amazing, and Tessa loves it too, constantly telling me all month about the "tee" and "sta". Our stockings were given to us by my old neighbor, Maryanne Gourley, who made one to match mine for James on our wedding day, and sent us one for Tessa after she was born, I love the thought and tradition of them. I also love our wooden nativity that James' parents brought back for him from Jerulsalem, it's so peaceful and serene, and hard for our little baby to break!
Thanks for all the Christmas cards friends and family, we wish you a joyful Christmas!






1 comment:
SO cute!
Post a Comment